Friday, October 3, 2008

Reason to Move #32

I can't believe I, with my great interest in and love for Israeli music, forgot to mention one more thing that makes me want to move to Israel: Galgalatz, the main radio station. I got hooked up through the Yahoo Widget IL Radio, but there are also ways of doing so online.

Galgalatz is just an awesome radio station. The 'טכנאים, מפיקים, שדרן וכו play American and Israeli music, so I won't get miss American music too much (not that I love it, but anyway). They play oldies and new music. They play absolutely random stuff that is just plain fun to listen to. Some announcers' translations of song titles from English to Hebrew are hilarious ("I just got what it means! [proceeds to translate]." True story. Or "Beloved" (נאהבת) for "She Will be Loved"). I love the news on the hour. I swear I heard a weatherman once with an American accent; I heard another accent another day, too (it sounded like Russian to me). Then there's the driving commercials. What isn't there?

Galgalatz is a reason to go. There's Reshet Gimmel, too, which I like, but it does not reach the hilarity level of Gal-gal-gal-galatz.

No comments:

Post a Comment