Monday, July 28, 2008

Don't Super-Size Me.

I think America is way too big for me. Its size -- 9,826,630 sq km, according to The World Factbook -- is too much for me to travel in a lifetime. Don't I want to see my entire country?

Israel, which is not "about half the size of Russia" (WF), at 20,770 sq km (total, according to the same source) might be too small for some. It's more than 400 times smaller than the US! But I like having things nearby. I will like to have the beach a reasonable distance away (without my having to move to a coastal city in the US). Having a smaller country will force me to get to know my country more intimately and to appreciate (or at least laugh at) little things.

I didn't say that a smaller country size will mean fewer job and living opportunities (that's a topic for another entry), but America is too big! And what if I'm not going to take advantage of all the opportunities here anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment