Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Movies I Love

As I wrote in an earlier post, I am not a big movies fan. I watched Israeli movies for Hebrew practice, and ended up being exposed to a different way of conceptualizing the movie. Ends don't have to be tied up nicely (not meaning "happily"); ends don't have to be tied up in the strict sense, either. Both "Meduzot" and "Shnat Efes" are open to interpretations, thanks to their metaphors (which I loved). Note, I am not saying that Israeli movies are better than American movies, but I am glad I discovered a new way to think about movies, and I would love the opportunity to watch more of these films.

Here are my top three favorites, of the movies I have seen (in no particular order):

1. Meduzot ( מדוזות // Jellyfish)

2. ha'Kayitz Shel Avia (הקיץ של אביה // Avia's Summer)


3. Shnat Efes (שנת אפס// Year Zero)


(All images are from Wikipedia
)

No comments:

Post a Comment