Friday, September 26, 2008

Deppressed and Miserable?

Sometimes Israel makes me depressed. Sometimes the music is too depressing, even though I like it. עד שבאת by בית הבובות makes me feel that way (I'm not one hundred percent sure why). It's the way Yehuda Poliker's music makes me feel. It might just be life in general, or the different kind of high-pressure life I might lead in Israel.

Even more than the depression (which suits me...it's better than the nothing I see here), it's the miserableness. It's what I see in old movies, in buildings that are neglected and in dust. It's what I see sometimes when I look at photographs. I can't think of anything specific, but how I feel is important, too. I like it better than what we have here, but I am not sure I like it.

What will solve this problem is obviously going to Israel (which I will take care of sometime this year)...but I wanted to note that it's not all positive.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you go to Israel. We're starting to talk about January (toward the end) and/or July. We have bar mitzvahs.

    ReplyDelete