Friday, September 19, 2008

Cravings

I was biting a piece of chocolate* when I realized it wasn't what I wanted. What I crave is something puffy. What I crave is another reason to make aliyah. What I crave is:

Image Courtesy of Wikipedia.

I found Bamba (written in English, but with the picture of the baby) at Star Market a few weeks ago, but I don't this to be some specialty item. I want easy access to it and its peanut buttery goodness.

It's funny how that seems to be a reason for aliyah: easy access to music , to concerts I'm actually interested in going to, and to food that we don't have in easy supply over here. I'm sure it will go the other way (that I will miss what we had in the US when I am in Israel), but I like these products better! If I go, I'll even get the chance to try new flavors of Bamba.

I'm filing this under "why move?" instead of "why move?: other reasons" because I consider this and that big baby a cultural product.

*Normally, I try to eat healthier. I am going to eat a salad tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I think Bamba is the nastiest thing on the planet. There are a few places around here to get it, and the Sabra's been giving it to my nephew. He goes crazy for it. When we were in Israel last April, I tried strawberry Bamba. It tasted like the fruity stuff in Cap'n Crunch :)

    Don't forget 2 things: 1) the Bamba we get here is even more nasty than what they get there because the stuff here is the stuff that didn't sell there and it sits on a boat for a good long time as it's shipped over here. 2) it's loaded with transfat, so don't eat too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So moving to Israel for easy Bamba access is still a plus! It is better over in Israel (I think I'd prefer the original flavor). Also, just like with any snack, I would never eat too many -- because that's so American...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, I guess getting fresh things IS a plus :)

    Also, they walk more than we do, so if you walk to the supermarket, you'll burn off some of the calories.

    ReplyDelete