Thursday, June 26, 2008

Master's Degree Programs in Israel

I had some time to do a little bit of research. Here's what I found, taken directly from the source:

Master’s Degree Programs

Master’s degree programs are designed to provide the student with in-depth knowledge and research capabilities in a particular field. Most of these programs usually extend over a period of two years.

Admission Requirements: The requirements for admission to master’s degree programs at Israeli universities are similar to those at Western universities. Generally, a “B” average is required; however, some departments require a higher average in the student’s major field, while others may conditionally accept students with lower grades. In some cases, special tests (e.g., GRE, GMAT) and/or personal interviews are required. An adequate knowledge of Hebrew for class participation is necessary. An ulpan may be taken prior to the opening of the academic year.

Many departments offer two trends. One requires students to write a master’s thesis and allows them to pursue doctoral studies in the department, while the other does not require a thesis and is designed for students who do not intend to pursue a doctorate in the department.

Undergraduate studies in Israel are highly specialized; therefore, most students who earn their bachelor’s degree abroad are required to take supplementary courses prior to or in conjunction with their regular graduate studies.


I guess it's not too surprising. The last paragraph frustrates me, but I hope it won't be a problem. I have looked some at Bar-Ilan and TA U...

. . .

My mom doesn't seem to be taking anything not related to the plan she has thought out for me, or at least that's what I am making of her comment that I didn't need internships in [Israel-related programs. Privacy.] last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment