Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On Law: Rough Ideas

Two events that influenced this post: I went to a courthouse (and its library) today. I downloaded and read a re- qualification exam for the Israeli bar (actually not as bad as I thought it would be, given I am educated on Israel-specific terms).

Pros of Law* in Israel (/Cons of Law in US)
1. There will not be 50 states with laws and case studies of their own.
2. There will be fewer "states" and maybe even case studies (Israel is at least a new democracy).
3. Hebrew: I want to love to use it.
4. English: I know it better than the natives do.
5. Life outside of work!

Cons of Law in Israel (/Pros of Law in US)
1. Aramaic (who knew?! There were some Aramaic words on the re-qualification exam).
2. Hebrew: the natives know it better than I do.
3. Opportunities -- will there be more or fewer?

The verdict: I need to do research. I can't even make up my mind without it!

*N.B "Law" here refers to "law," "being a lawyer" and all relevant terms

No comments:

Post a Comment