Friday, June 20, 2008

Other Reasons

Once again, this blog isn't quite turning out the way I thought it would. It will be better-researched once I get to school and consider less "ideological" reasons to go, and just Israel in general. While I originally thought I would focus on the language-related and cultural reasons to go, Israel is too complex for me to make that kind of distinction. Politics, for example, can enter discussions, or everyday life even, often: eg., falafel: whose national dish is it? (though I'd prefer to shut up and eat). I know that is not a strong argument; complex issues are often simplified. More importantly, though, this decision is too big for me to focus on language alone; it will not prepare me for the eventual argument I will have with my mom.

I can't quite explain it, but I get really angry about biased news about Israel. If I were actually in Israel, it would make more sense for me to get angry. I would feel less odd wanting to do something about it, and I would have more credibility if I actually did.

No comments:

Post a Comment